- Go to Start > Click Run.
- Type in Eventvwr.msc and hit enter.
- Event Viewer console will open up.
- Under the left Hierarchy tree > Select Windows logs > System
- Once you select ‘System‘ , Right click it .
- A menu will pop up, select ‘Filter Current Log‘ .
- A new ‘filter current log‘ dialogue box will appear.
- Under the highlighted box, type in Event Id’s 1074, 6008
- Click OK button, at bottom of the dialogue box.
- You will observe that only event id 1074 and 6008 are selected, rest are filtered out.
- You will see a description at the bottom of the window, with detailed information about this shutdown/restart event.
- If you don’t remember the Event Id’s, no issues 😉 – You can directly filter the USER32 and EventLog events under the Event Sources drop down menu, in the ‘Filter current log‘ dialogue box.
~ For more detailed ways to track uptime of a machine follow this Link .
Happy Learning !